Things to do before the opener:
1.) Get your fishing license. Do it now. Nothing will slow you down more than having to wait for it on opening morning.
2.) While you're out to get your license, get your line changed on your reels. If you still have last years line on the spool, pull it off and get some fresh line put on. We can help you with the job, but again, take a trip out to the shop before Saturday and save yourself some time.
3.) Check your tackle box.
• Are you running low on anything? Hooks, sinkers, bobbers and swivels all get used up.
• Is everything in the box or did you set some stuff aside?
• Are all the hooks sharp and rust free on your crankbaits?
• Did your plastics dry out?
• Do you need to tie up some leaders or spinner harnesses?
4.) Check your boat.
• Are your batteries charged up?
• Do you have the plug?
• Gasoline? Oil?
• Is your trailer's wiring harness working and are the bearings lubed?
Life Jackets? Anchors? Ropes?
• Fire Extinguisher?
• Battery Terminals Covered?
5.) Try Something New: Stop into the shop. We have a great selection of tackle for our local lakes, and our staff can help you to make some good choices. We’re looking at below average water temperatures for many lakes this year, and we can make some suggestions for fish ranging from bluegills to bass and walleyes to musky.
6.)Sign up for our newsletter, check out our facebook group and stay tuned.