Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Condition Report

I braved the winds for a bit today. I had intended to hit a couple more lakes, but I stayed close to home.

Okauchee Bays are in the mid 40's and the the crappies are staging. I caught 20+ small crappies males and some undersize bass in about 3 hours of fishing. Look for crappies in Bay Five, the Channel, Stumpy and Ice House bays over the next few weeks.

Garvin: South end was 44. Crappies are along the inside weedline and relating to wood laydowns. North end was pretty stirred up by the wind and I didn't stick around to fish.

Nagawicka boat channels are in the mid to high 40's and a mixed bag of fish is appearing.

Oconomowoc: Didn't launch, but talked to someone who was out. Main lake was still in the high 30's, channels were in the 40's.

I'd venture that most of the area lakes will turn on right after this next front comes through. Basically its time to hit the water.

Stop by the shop or shoot me an email if you need some tips.

CT

No comments: